UNTHA staff spotlight - Richard Espenberger
Kuchl, Nov 24, 2016
One of our newest team members Richard steps into the staff spotlight this month, to talk about everything from his favourite shredder to his favourite food!
Name: Richard Espenberger
Job title: Junior product manager
- What does your role entail?
I have a very varied job. One minute I could be arranging customer demonstrations of our new XR mobil-e shredder and the next I could be supporting our sales managers with new client proposals. I will soon be responsible for helping our subsidiary company UNTHA America with any machine, parts or new machine queries that they have.
- How long have you been with the company?
- What’s the best thing about your job?
That every day is different. I could never get bored. I am also lucky to work with some very friendly and supportive people – there’s a real sense of teamwork at UNTHA.
- Of all the places you’ve visited during your time with UNTHA, which has been your favourite?
I’m typically office-based as I need to be available centrally, to support my colleagues when they need my help so as yet, I haven’t visited too many overseas locations.
- For you, which is UNTHA’s stand-out shredder?
The XR mobil-e. ‘Innovative’ is an overused word nowadays, but it describes this machine perfectly.
- What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining UNTHA?
I remember the very first demonstration I organised, for a customer in Germany. Because it was my first demo, I’m very proud of that moment.
- Describe UNTHA in three words:
Reliable, customer-orientated, flexible.
And finally some more light-hearted questions:
- What’s your favourite food?
My mum’s potato casserole or pizza!
- How do you relax on a weekend?
I enjoy sports such as volleyball but am equally happy being lazy and taking time out with my girlfriend and friends.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
My girlfriend, of course!