UNTHA staff spotlight
Kuchl, Jul 11, 2016
Name: Andreas Senkbeil
Job title: Waste specialist for the Asian Pacific market
- What does your role entail?
I am responsible for the company’s growth in the Eastern parts of the world. I spend my time travelling to countries such as Thailand, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, China and Australia, meeting engineering partners, clients and potential new customers.
- How long have you been with the company?
I joined UNTHA in March 2016, but worked in the industry for four years prior to that. Whilst I’m from Germany originally, and I still call Germany home, I’m no stranger to travelling to the Asian Pacific countries. This knowledge of the local markets is very important in this new UNTHA role.
- What’s the best thing about your job?
I’m sure most of my colleagues have said the same thing, but it is the fact that every day is different – I don’t think the job could ever become boring. I enjoy the challenges associated with solving clients’ constantly evolving waste management problems, and the opportunity to travel means I’ve seen some of the most beautiful places in the world.
- Of all the places you’ve visited during your time in the waste industry, which has been your favourite?
The geographical focus of my career in recent years means I’m lucky to have visited some incredible places. Choosing a favourite is difficult, but I think it would be Singapore.
- For you, which is UNTHA’s stand-out shredder?
It has to be the XR mobil-e – the world’s first electrically-driven mobile waste shredder. It has become a global talking point, and rightly so.
- What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining UNTHA?
I’ve only been with the company a short time, so I hope my biggest achievements are yet to come. However, I’m pleased with the relationships I have already established in Thailand, Singapore and Taiwan. UNTHA is a growing brand in this diverse part of the world, but more and more companies are now aware of who we are, the Asian Pacific projects we’ve already implemented, and the waste to energy solutions we have to offer.
- Describe UNTHA in three words:
- Reliable – Our shredders can be relied upon 100%.
- Flexible – Our configurable machines are equipped to tackle many diverse waste to energy briefs, and our hard-working shredding specialists will not give up until they’ve devised a profitable, efficient and robust answer to a client’s problem.
- Loyal – It’s brilliant to see that so many people at UNTHA are long-serving members of staff who have been with the company for 15-20 years and more. I think this says a lot about the business and its reputation.
And finally some more light-hearted questions:
- What’s your favourite food?
I love a tasty salad, especially one packed full of Italian ingredients.
- How do you relax on a weekend?
I spend so much time travelling through big, bustling cities, that when I get home I enjoy the tranquillity that comes with gardening. It’s great to hear the birds and nothing else.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
A good book!