UNTHA staff spotlight
Kuchl, Jan 17, 2017
UNTHA staff spotlight
Service engineer Reinhard Eder reflects on his ten year career with UNTHA and shares his insight into one of the most complex jobs the team has tackled in Berlin.
Name: Reinhard Eder
Job title: Service engineer
- What does your role entail?
I’m responsible for installing, servicing and maintaining our static and mobile waste shredders, on clients’ sites worldwide.
- How long have you been with the company?
- What’s the best thing about your job?
I really enjoy the travel. I’m constantly visiting new places and meeting new people. I’ve learned so much about not just the global waste industry, but also different international cultures. My role is extremely interesting.
- Of all the places you’ve visited during your time with UNTHA, which has been your favourite?
It has to be the USA. I love that the states are so diverse, with many unique places from deserted countryside to bustling cities.
- For you, which is UNTHA’s stand-out shredder?
The XR class – both the cutter and the ripper models have changed the way clients shred waste all over the world, but the machines are effortlessly simple to operate and maintain.
- What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining UNTHA?
This is a difficult question as I’d like to think I’ve achieved a lot over the past decade. However, one of my favourite projects was a machine change in Berlin. We took out an old competitor machine that wasn’t performing, and replaced this with a new XR Ripper. We were working in a tight space, and the crane had a maximum capacity of 10 tonnes. So, we had to disassemble the XR, and install it piece-by-piece on site, all within a 3 day schedule! We worked as a team and got everything in position, with time to spare.
- Describe UNTHA in three words:
Made in Austria!
And finally some more light-hearted questions:
- What’s your favourite food?
I love a good curry.
- How do you relax on a weekend?
In winter, I enjoy skiing, whilst in summer, you’ll find me out on my bike.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
I honestly can’t answer this question. I’ll just have to hope it never happens, as I’d be incredibly bored!